Tasmanian Seafood Seduction
Duration 7½ Hours
Enjoy oysters shucked straight from the water, rock lobster and see your guide dive for abalone and sea urchin. Be delighted as your catch is turned into a delicious seafood feast accompanied by gourmet local produce and Tasmanian wines, boutique beers, ciders and juices.
This full-day cruise begins on Hobart's vibrant waterfront, amongst the fishing boats moored at Constitution Dock. You will cruise aboard one of our brand new custom-built vessels, featuring a spacious enclosed cabin and luxury leather seats. You'll be treated to an unforgettable day of indulgence and relaxation. We cruise down the Derwent River and into the sheltered waters of the D'Entrecasteaux Channel that surround Bruny Island. As we voyage south, we leave all traces of civilisation behind.
Our guides know these waters intimately. They've grown up in this wilderness environment, with its picturesque landscapes and beautiful deserted beaches. Throughout the day they'll provide an entertaining insight into the surrounding landscapes and animals. Such local knowledge only comes from spending years in and around these clean blue waters.
Our first taste of the day is at Get Shucked oyster farm where we harvest oysters from the crystal blue water. Slurp the succulent, salty oysters straight from the shell. We'll pause at the edge of one of Bruny Island's secluded bays so your guide can jump in and snorkel for abalone and sea urchin. Look around you and take in the pristine surroundings - the clear blue water, clean air, deserted beaches and beautiful bays are the source of this delicious fresh produce.
Back on board the boat and it's time to enjoy the fruits of our morning gatherings. Join your guide as they prepare a bountiful seafood feast - rock lobster, abalone, sea urchin, mussels, oysters, sashimi, salmon. This is paired with a delicious gourmet spread of fresh local breads, salads and artisan cheeses, and matched with Bruny Island Premium Wines, Jansz Sparkling, boutique Moo Brew beers, Willie Smiths & Frank's cider and locally-made organic juices.
Tasmanian Seafood Seduction
Please note that due to COVID-19 we are only able to offer Tasmanian Seafood Seduction on a private charter basis, with a maximum of 8 guests per boat.
Relax as your group is looked after by 2 local guides. Throughout the day you will enjoy a range of local Tasmanian produce, including:
- Wild Abalone - your guide will jump in and snorkel to catch wild abalone, which are prepared and served onboard the boat.
- Rock Lobster - delicious Southern Rock Lobster (known locally as crayfish) is the centrepiece of your gourmet lunch. Tasmanian Rock Lobster are extremely sought-after and exported all of the world.
- Oysters - enjoy wild oysters from the farm of the multi-award winning producer 'Get Shucked'.
- Salmon - visit a salmon farm and enjoy locally grown sashimi, hot-smoked and cold-smoked salmon.
- Sea Urchin - your guide will gather these delicious seafood delicacies from the crystal clear waters around Bruny Island.
- Beer & Cider - savour locally made organic cider and boutique beer including Moo Brew and Willie Smiths.
- Wine - taste some of Tasmania's cool climate wine varieties including Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling and Jansz sparkling.
- A unique full day cruise from Hobart
- Enjoy oysters shucked straight from the water, rock lobster
- See your guide dive for abalone and sea urchin
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel pickup
- Tasmanian Seafood Seduction departs from the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre, situated on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge on Hobart's waterfront. This is short walk or taxi ride from most Hobart CBD hotels.
- Parking is available at the Evans Street Car Park or Market Place Car Park, check this page for more information.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day