Tasman Island Cruises Full Day Tour + Port Arthur Historic Site
Duration: 10¼ Hours (7:45am - 6:00pm)
This is the ultimate Tasman Peninsula day tour. Your day includes return guided bus tour from Hobart, our award-winning 3 Hour Cruise, morning tea and lunch as part of three hours at the Port Arthur Historic Site.
Tasman Island Cruises provides unforgettable three hour wilderness cruises along the spectacular coastline between Port Arthur and Eaglehawk Neck in southern Tasmania. The cruise travels beneath the highest vertical sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere at Cape Pillar. Guests explore waterfalls, rock formations, archways and deep-sea caves.
The coastline is part of the Tasman National Park. It is home to a variety of wildlife including hundreds of seals, migrating whales and abundant sea birds in their thousands. At any time of year you're likely to see the feeding frenzy of diving gannets, albatross and sea eagles wheeling on the wind, cliff-nesting cormorants and peregrine falcons, or a pod of playful dolphins surfing the bow wave of the boat. The custom built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife of the Tasman Peninsula. Each vessel holds a maximum of 43 guests. Covered open-air tiered seating means an excellent all-round view and connection with the environment. The boats are safe, comfortable and gentle on the environment due to their fuel efficiency and low emission operation.
- 07:30am - Check in at Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Centre
- 07:45am - Bus departs
- 09:15am - Arrive on Tasman Peninsula, Morning Tea
- 10:00am - 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
- 01:00pm - Cruise concludes
- 01:30pm - 3 Hours at the Port Arthur Historic Site including lunch and time to explore
- 04:30pm - Bus departs
- 06:00pm - Arrive Hobart, hotel drop-off
Morning Tea & Lunch
Your day includes morning tea at a local cafe and lunch at the Port Arthur Historic Site.
- Return guided bus tour from Hobart
- Award-winning 3 Hour Cruise
- Morning tea and lunch
- 3 hours at the Port Arthur Historic Site
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel pickup
- The Full Day Tour departs from the Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre. This is situated on Hobart's waterfront on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge. Please check-in by 7.30am for an 7.45am departure.
- If you have your own car, we don't have any parking available. There is all-day parking available nearby at the Evans Street Car Park or Market Place Car Park - click here for more information.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Infants and children are welcome with responsible adult supervision
- Make sure you dress warmly for the cruise - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended. And don't forget your camera
- Tours operate daily except Christmas Day, however bookings are essential as places are subject to availability