Bruny Island Traveller
Duration 10 Hours (7:45am - 6:00pm)
Taste your way across Bruny Island visiting some of our favourite artisan producers on a gourmet adventure whilst taking in the spectacular scenery of Tasmania's favourite island.
Bruny Island Traveller is a full day tour from Hobart. Taste your way across Bruny Island, visiting some of our renowned artisan producers on an all inclusive gourmet wilderness adventure whilst discovering the spectacular scenery and cultural heritage of Tasmania's favourite island.
Be prepared for a delicious day out where you will enjoy award winning cheeses, premium wines and beer, freshly shucked oysters, handmade fudge, local honey and a delicious lunch at Pennicott's beachside restaurant with sweeping views of Adventure Bay.
Be inspired by island anecdotes of flora, fauna and history as told by our guides and storytellers. See local aboriginal artefacts including the first floating Tasmanian aboriginal canoe since European settlement. Wonder at the Bligh Museum, with tall tales of Adventure Bay explorers.
Delicious Bruny Island produce, spectacular scenery
Meet and hear the stories of island producers including an exclusive private cheese and beer experience at Bruny Island Cheese Co plus sweet taste sensations at Bruny Island Chocolate Company and Bruny Island Honey.
Get Shucked's famous Bruny oysters will be served alongside lunch. We recommend the premium Tasmanian fish, chips and salad (Robert Pennicott's goal is to deliver Tassie's best fish and chips) to keep you fuelled as you continue exploring. Lunch is accompanied by two glasses of premium local and Tasmanian wine, beer or cider.
Your adventure highlights the unique natural environment of Bruny Island. Take in the glorious views from the iconic Neck Lookout, climbing the 240 wooden steps to take in the narrow isthmus between north and south Bruny Island. Step back in time with a walk through the ancient Mavista Rainforest and breathe in the cleanest air as you stroll under the towering canopy. Keep an eye out for the rare white wallabies that thrive on our private reserve.
Our air conditioned and spacious vehicles are driven by our local guides. We take no more than 20 guests to ensure an intimate and comfortable day of exploring.
- 7:45am Depart Hobart
- Bruny Island Ferry crossing
- 9:30am Bruny Island Cheese & Beer Co - exclusive tasting
- 10:30am The Neck lookout
- 11:15am Mavista rainforest walk and search for white wallabies
- 12:00pm Lunch at Pennicotts - oysters, main meal and two glasses of wine, beer, cider or juices
- 1:15pm Visit Bligh Museum
- 1:45pm Two Tree Point beach walk
- 2:15pm Hounds Tooth Whisky, HIBA Gardens & Bruny Island Chocolate Company
- 3:45pm Bruny Island Honey - take home tasting
- Drive thru Get Shucked Oysters for purchase
- 4:30pm/5:00pm Return ferry
- 5:30pm/6:00pm Arrive in Hobart
- Hobart CBD hotel Transfer
- Bruny Island Ferry crossing
- The Neck lookout
- Cheese and beer tasting at Bruny Island Cheese Co
- Mavista rainforest walk
- Lunch at Pennicotts
- Explore Adventure Bay and Two Tree Point
- Return ferry
- Get Shucked Oysters
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Departs From Pennicott Wilderness Journeys, Dock Head Building, Franklin Wharf, Hobart TAS 7000
- Departs Hobart at 7.45am daily. We can pick you up from your Hobart CBD hotel or meet us at our Pennicott Wilderness Journeys Booking Centre situated on Franklin Wharf, next to the Constitution Dock Lifting Bridge on Hobart's waterfront. Tour returns to Hobart at 5.30pm with CBD hotel drop off.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- We suggest wearing warm, comfortable clothing. It's a good idea to bring a jacket and don't forget your camera as there are plenty of photo opportunities!