Dreamtime Great Barrier Reef Dive & Snorkelling Cruise to 2 Reef Sites
Check-in commences at 08:30 am and returns at 17:00pm
Experience one of the great natural wonders of the world on this Great Barrier Reef cruise from Cairns. Snorkellers and divers will experience 2 premium outer reef sites. A relaxing 5 hours to explore and gain a deeper cultural understanding of this diverse ecosystem in one day with Indigenous sea rangers. This is the only Cairns' reef tour that includes a cultural experience with Dreamtime stories and traditional dance and didgeridoo performances while out on the reef.
After an Indigenous welcome aboard, passengers will have ample time to snorkel Moore Reef and Milln Reef for an incredible encounter with colourful marine life and coral reef gardens on the Outer Barrier Reef. This Great Barrier Reef cruise includes all your snorkel equipment and wet suit hire, a complimentary morning tea, afternoon tea and fresh lunch plus some fascinating talks by marine biologists. Divers may also join introductory or certified scuba dives at an additional cost on the day.
- 08:30 : Meet at 8:30am at the vessel. There will be crew on the wharf to help guide you to your vessel. All guests travelling on Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel are served a delicious breakfast as they board.
- 09:00 : Board boat and grab your complimentary snorkel & flippers. Depart Marlin Jetty Cairns. Safety Briefing. Indigenous welcome and acknowledgment. Great Barrier Reef creation story. Enjoy morning tea.
- 10:30 : Arrive at Outer Great Barrier Reef and enjoy two pristine coral reefs.
- Approx 12:30 : Enjoy a hot and cold lunch
- 15:30 : Return snorkel, flippers, life jacket and lycra suits. Depart the Reef and enjoy afternoon tea whilst interacting with the Sea Rangers on board.
- 17:00 : Arrive back in Cairns
- Visit 2 premium outer reef sites
- Free Guided Snorkel Tour
- 5 hours on the outer reef
- Indigenous welcome to country and acknowledgment
- Indigenous sea rangers
- Marine biologist presentation
- Glass bottom boat tours (Currently unavailable)
- Live entertainment
- Hot & cold lunch box
- Breakfast, morning & afternoon tea, coffee & drinking water
- All snorkeling equipment
- Wet suits & lycra suits
- Personal flotation devices
- Reef Levy
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Extras : Introductory Diving, Certified Diving, Guided snorkel experience, Snorkel Safari adventure tour, Photo packages on request
- Hotel transfers (from Northern Beaches and Cairns City) are not included and are payable on the day of the tour
- Please downloaded the Check In QLD app prior to arrival at Marlin Marina, Cairns.
- Guests will now make their way to the Dreamtime or Reef Magic vessels and will be checked in there (no longer required to enter the Reef Fleet Terminal). This makes the process smoother and quicker for guests and enables them to have more time on board the vessel in the morning to get comfortable and chat to our crew, oh and have some breakfast.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD).
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour.
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices advertised include GST.
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice.
- In line with government regulations due to Covid-19, guests will now be served gourmet lunch packs and individual servings of morning and afternoon tea.
- All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration on-board. A history of asthma, heart conditions and/or other medical conditions or medications may prohibit diving. If medical is failed on board no refund will be given.
- I Am Driving To The Marina, Where Can I Leave The Car?
Our check-in counter is located at 1 Spence Street, Cairns. Opposite us is the Pier Marketplace Shopping Centre and Shangri-La hotel. You can park outdoors behind the Pier Marketplace for approximately 80 cents/hr or under the Shangri-La in secure parking for around $10/day. If you dont mind a short walk there is a $4 car park outside Trinity Wharf on Wharf street, a flat 5 minutes walk from our check-in. Parking is free in the street after 12 noon on Saturday and all day on Sunday.
- Can I Take A Pram On Board The Boat?
The Dreamtime Dive & Snorkel vessels are pram-friendly with ramp access and wide aisles. Please notify us if you are bringing a pram on board.
- Can We Sit Anywhere On The Boat?
You are free to sit where ever you please, except areas signed as staff only. We have an air-conditioned cabin on lower deck or breathe in that fresh clean air outside on the upper rear deck. For your own safety try not to move around the boat too much when the boat in underway, especially in rough weather.
- What Do I Need To Bring?
Hat, Towel, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, something to swim in, a dry change of clothes, cash or credit card for optional activities and onboard purchases such as souvenirs, professional photos from our on-board photographer or a drink from the bar.
- Do You Supply Towels?
Unfortunately we are not able to hire or lend towels. The best idea is to bring one from your hotel or accommodation.
- Are There Toilets, Showers & Changing Rooms At The Reef?
There are toilets on the boat accessible at all times throughout the day. Fresh water rinse showers and bathrooms are available.
- Is The Snorkeling Equipment Also In Child Sizes?
We have snorkelling equipment in both adult and child sizes. Fins range from children’s size 1-3 to Adults 11-13 and masks are in adult and child fittings. Wet suits and lycra suits are also available in sizes ranging from XS to XXL. Swim vests are also available in most sizes for those wanting some extra flotation while snorkelling.
- Do You Have Lockers On Board?
No. While theft is very rare on board we suggest valuables are better off left in your hotel room or with the concierge rather than brought to the reef.
- Are There Facilities For The Disabled?
There is ramp access from the wharf to the vessel. However, passengers are required to negotiate at least one set of stairs on the vessel depending on tides and loading position so the assistance of a carer is highly recommended. We do not have a wheel chair accessible toilet or shower unfortunately. Access to the water and sundeck all require stairs to be negotiated and would require a carer to be present if the customer can not walk unassisted. The best idea is to give us a call and talk through the level of disability and we can suggest suitability or not.
- How Deep Is The Water?
The Outer Reef Wall is a renowned dive location by local dive enthusiasts and keen snorkellers and reaches depths of over 30m.
- Do You Have A COVID Safe Plan?
Yes! You can read it here.