Tasman Island 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
Duration: 3 Hours
Drive yourself to Port Arthur and join the cruise.
Morning Cruise (All Year)
Check in by 9.15am
Cruise 10am to 1pm
Afternoon Cruise (1 Dec to 28 Apr)
Check in by 1.15pm
Cruise 2pm to 5pm
Tasman Island Cruises provides unforgettable three hour wilderness cruises along the spectacular coastline between Port Arthur and Eaglehawk Neck in southern Tasmania. The cruise travels beneath the highest vertical sea cliffs in the Southern Hemisphere at Cape Pillar. Guests explore waterfalls, rock formations, archways and deep-sea caves.
The coastline is part of the Tasman National Park. It is home to a variety of wildlife including hundreds of seals, migrating whales and abundant sea birds in their thousands. At any time of year you're likely to see the feeding frenzy of diving gannets, albatross and sea eagles wheeling on the wind, cliff-nesting cormorants and peregrine falcons, or a pod of playful dolphins surfing the bow wave of the boat. The custom built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife of the Tasman Peninsula. Each vessel holds a maximum of 43 guests. Covered open-air tiered seating means an excellent all-round view and connection with the environment. The boats are safe, comfortable and gentle on the environment due to their fuel efficiency and low emission operation.
- 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel pickup
- The cruise starts and finishes at our Tasman Island Cruises Booking Centre, located at 6961 Arthur Highway, Port Arthur 7182. This is on the left side of the road, 100m before the Port Arthur Historic Site entrance.
- Guests should allow 90 minutes to drive from Hobart to Port Arthur. It is important that guests check in on time to allow for pre-cruise briefing and bus transfer to the boat.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Infants and children are welcome with responsible adult supervision
- Make sure you dress warmly for the cruise - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended. And don't forget your camera
- Tours operate daily except Christmas Day, however bookings are essential as places are subject to availability