Bruny Island 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
Duration 3 Hours
Drive yourself to Adventure Bay and join our 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise.
Winner of Australia's Best Tourist Attraction 2012, 2014, 2015
Bruny Island Cruises is an award-winning 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise exploring the rugged coastline of Bruny Island in southern Tasmania.
Cruise alongside some of Australia's highest sea cliffs, beneath towering crags and drift up close to listen to the awesome 'Breathing Rock'. Enter deep sea caves, pass through the narrow gap between the coast and 'The Monument' and feel the power of nature at the point where the Tasman Sea meets the might of the Southern Ocean.
Join in the search for the abundant coastal wildlife such as seals, dolphins, migrating whales and sea birds. The highly trained interpretive guides love what they do - they work hard to ensure that the experience is fun, enjoyable, entertaining and informative.
The custom-built yellow boats are ideal for viewing the spectacular coastline and wildlife of Bruny Island. Each vessel holds a maximum of 43 guests. Covered open-air tiered seating means an excellent all-round view and connection with the environment. The boats are safe, comfortable and gentle on the environment due to their fuel efficiency, low emission and quiet operation.
Incredible encounters with wildlife
Keep a close lookout for sea eagles soaring above the cliffs, pods of dolphins surfing the bow wave, albatross wheeling on the wind and shearwaters skimming the swells. At the Friars, you'll drift quietly past rare nesting seabirds and a large haul-out home to thousands of seals.
10:00am Cruise (1 Dec to 28 Apr)
Catch 7:30 or 8:30 Ferry from Kettering
Check in by 9:30am, Cruise 10am to 1pm
11:00am Cruise (All Year)
Catch 8:30, 9:00, 9:30 Ferry from Kettering
Check in by 10.30am, Cruise 11am to 2pm
1:30pm Cruise (1 Dec to 28 Apr)
Catch 11:30 or 12:00 Ferry from Kettering
Check in by 1pm, Cruise 1:30pm to 4:30pm
Morning Tea & Lunch
Food is not included in the tour price. Guests are welcome to bring their own food, or morning tea/lunch can be purchased from our Bruny Island Cruises Seafood Restaurant.
- 3 Hour Wilderness Cruise
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel pickup
- Food is not included in the tour price
- Departs From 1005 Adventure Bay Road, Adventure Bay, Bruny Island
- From Hobart, you'll need to drive 45 minutes south to the Bruny Island Ferry Terminal in Kettering. We suggest arriving at the ferry terminal 30 minutes prior to the ferry departure. The ferry crossing takes 20 minutes and once you're on Bruny Island, it's a 40 minute drive south to our visitor centre at 1005 Adventure Bay Road, Adventure Bay. Click here for Maps, Driving Directions and Bruny Island Ferry times.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Make sure you dress warmly for the cruise - warm jackets, scarves, beanies and gloves are recommended. And don't forget your camera!
- Tours operate daily except Christmas Day, however bookings are essential as places are subject to availability.