Skyrail Rainforest Cableway and Kuranda Scenic Railway Tickets
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway
Skyrail Rainforest Cableway takes you on a fascinating journey of discovery over and deep into Australia’s Wet Tropics World Heritage listed rainforest.
Glide mere metres above the pristine rainforest canopy before descending to explore the forest floor at Red Peak and Barron Falls.
Enjoy complimentary ranger guided tours, the Rainforest Discovery Zone, The Edge Lookout, the Historical Precinct and the CSIRO Rainforest Interpretation Centre to fully immerse yourself in the unique sights, sounds, smells and feel of the rainforest.
Kuranda Scenic Railway
Board the historic Kuranda Scenic Railway as it meanders its way between Cairns and Kuranda.
Opened in 1891, this famous railway ascends from the coastal plains of Cairns through Freshwater Railway Station and on to Kuranda, the Village in the Rainforest, some 328 metres (1,076 feet) above sea level.
Your historic journey in fully refurbished vintage carriages includes English commentary and a short photo opportunity stop at Barron Falls.
Scheduled Open Dates
Due to COVID-19 our opening days may vary. Please see below calendar of scheduled open dates. Based on demand, we will continue to review our operations and opening days and will update the information on this page as required. *Please note these dates are subject to change.
Your comfort and safety is our top priority, we are ‘Good to Go’ – See Skyrail’s COVID Safe information.
Please note: Bookings from the 2nd – 25th November inclusive are currently unavailable due to pre-scheduled maintenance, and Skyrail will remain closed on these dates.
Green Color OPEN, Grey Color CLOSED
- Return journey on Skyrail Rainforest Cableway or Scenic Railway
- 2-3 hours to explore Kuranda Village
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance
- Cairns Railway Station, Bunda Street, Cairns
- Smithfield Terminal Skyrail: 6 Skyrail Dr, Smithfield, Cairns
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD).
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour.
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices advertised include GST.
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice.
- Skyrail will be closed from 2-November
- Kuranda Scenic Railway will be closed on ：17-18 Oct 31 Oct-1 Nov，7-8 Nov，9-10 Dec