Discover the Wonders of the World's Largest Sand Island! Join our 3days, 2nights tour on Fraser Island. Stay at Kingfisher Bay Resort, depart from Hervey Bay, and embark on thrilling 4WD beach drives, enchanting rainforest walks, and immerse yourself in the extraordinary natural wonders that Fraser Island has to offer!
Day 1: Arrival at Fraser Island
Departure from River Heads to Fraser Island: 6:45am, 9am, 13:00pm, 3:30pm
Upon arrival at Hervey Bay, River Heads, proceed with luggage check-in and take a 45-minute ferry ride to Fraser Island. Check-in at the four-star Kingfisher Bay Resort.
After freshening up, you can take a leisurely stroll along the resort's boardwalk, enjoying the tranquility of the lakeside rainforest. Alternatively, you can swim in the resort's pool creek or participate in various beach activities and guided tours at an additional cost. In the evening, you can head to the jetty cabin to watch the sunset.
Day 2: Fraser Island Beauty Spots Tour
Check in/meeting location: Kingfisher Bay Resort - Shopping Village
Departure /Return point: Kingfisher Bay Resort
Departure time: 7:45am; Return time: 4:30pm (approx)
- Lake McKenzie (Boorangoora): K'gari's most iconic, picture-perfect swimming spot! Immerse yourself in the crystal-clear blue fresh water and relax on the sandy white beaches.
- Central Station: A former logging station that housed schools and shops for the bustling timber industry is now a tourist stop. Stroll along the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns, towering Flooded Gums and Pine trees.
- Pile Valley: Wander through the subtropical rainforest and marvel at the centuries-old Satinaytrees and towering palms.
- 75 Mile Beach: As you travel along this golden beach highway, you may spot dingoes, birds of prey flying above, or humpback whales, migrating down the coast (between July –October).
- Eli Creek: Float gently down this tranquil, tree-lined creek with four million litresof fresh water flowing into the Pacific Ocean every hour.
- Maheno Shipwreck: Marvel at the rustic wreck of the Maheno, which washed ashore during an outof-season cyclone in 1935. It’s one of K’gari’smost recognisablesites.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands: Learn about these radiant, cliff-like sand formations and the Indigenous Dreamtime stories that surround them. Get up close and experience the spectacular 72 shades of rare red, orange and yellow sands.
The tour includes lunch and refreshments, so all you need to pack is your sunscreen, swimwear, and sense of adventure!
Foreign Language Guides are now available on our Beauty Spots Tour, via the K'gari Explorer Tours App. Please also visit Reception for more information.
After breakfast, check-out procedures can be completed. If you have time, you can continue to enjoy various facilities within the resort (additional cost), such as fishing, stand-up paddleboarding (SUP), Segway tours for ages 12 and above (weight limit: 50kg - 100kg) at $79, archery for adults at $20 and children at $15 (ages 8 and above), bird watching, or simply relax by the poolside, stroll along the beach and walking trails, and indulge in natural spa massages.
In the afternoon, take the ferry back to Hervey Bay, River Heads. You can either make your own way back or arrange for transportation with CON-X-ION to return to Brisbane or the Gold Coast, concluding your enjoyable journey on Fraser Island.
Resort Ferry Schedule: Departure from Kingfisher Bay Resort, Fraser Island: 7:50am, 10:30am, 14:30pm, 17:00pm.
Start your get away in style, with a pre night stay at Kingfisher Bay Resort. Relax on island time and enjoy full access to the resort facilities, in preparation for a guided two-day 4WD tour.
Kingfisher Bay Resort is a four-star integrated eco accommodation, immersed within the tree-covered dunes along the western bay of K’gari. The resort caters to families with a suite of interconnecting hotel rooms, spacious multi-bedroom villas, four lagoon-style swimming pools that are perfect for little ones to splash and play, kids' menus at all restaurants, as well as direct access to the calm, western beach. Room upgrades are available by request at time of check-in (additional charges apply).
Wallum Resort Hotel Room
Wallum Resort Hotel Room *Not Available due to Maintenance at the moment
Imagine waking up to the symphony of frogs and birds, and enjoying the picturesque countryside views with a distinct Australian charm. You will surely wish to stay a few more days.
Each room at Wallum Resort is equipped with:
- Wallum Views
- Queen Size Bed, King Single Bed, Air Conditioning
- Bath/Shower, Colour TV, STD/ISD Phone
- Small Fridge, Tea & Coffee Making Facilities, Hair Dryer
- Iron & Ironing Board
Upgrade to: Wallum Resort Hotel Spa Room
Upgrade your eco-experience and relax your body and mind at the spa, while listening to the soothing melodies of nature. The Queensland-style rooms feature corner suite spa baths, along with a king-size bed, a 50-inch flat-screen TV, and stylish furniture. Connected by wooden walkways winding through the bushland, these rooms provide the best views of the surrounding natural vegetation.
Upgrade to: King Resort Hotel Room
Upgrading to the Queensland-style rooms includes a king-size bed, a 50-inch flat-screen TV, and stylish furniture. Connected by wooden walkways winding through the bushland, these rooms provide the best views of the surrounding natural vegetation from the comfort of your private space.
Each King Resort Hotel Room is equipped with:
- Air Conditioned
- Balcony, Coffee/Tea Making Facilities
- Daily Housekeeping, Hairdryer In Room, Iron, Ironing Board
- Personal Refrigerator
- Shower/tub combination
- STD/ISD Phone, Toilet, TV, Wi-fi Access- Sucharges apply
Upgrade to: King Bay Resort Hotel Room
Featuring a sunlit lounge area facing the Great Sandy Strait, a king-size bed, a 50-inch flat-screen TV, and stylish furniture, the King Bay Resort's ocean-facing deluxe rooms are perfect for couples seeking relaxation after a day of exploring Fraser Island.
Each King Bay Resort Hotel Room is equipped with:
- Air Conditioned
- Balcony, Coffee/Tea Making Facilities
- Daily Housekeeping
- Hairdryer In Room, Iron, Ironing Board, Non-smoking
- Personal Refrigerator, Shower/tub combination
- STD/ISD Phone, Toilet, TV
- Wi-fi Access- Sucharges apply
Map for illustration purposes, click to zoom in.
K'gari Explorer Tours Foreign Language Guides App
Foreign Language Guides are now available on all of our K'gari Explorer Tours including our Beauty Spots Tour, via the K'gari Explorer Tours App. We currently offer these audio guides and scripts in English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Chinese.