For tour meeting point and time, please take the tour vouchers as the final confirmation. The meeting point and time in the tour info are only for reference.
"Daily Departures (but only for trips departing on Saturdays, with a minimum 2-night stay required. For Saturday departures, Please book the 3 days 2 nights package. (Click Here))"
The Hunter Valley Resort story
The Hunter Valley Resort is located in the very heart of the Hunter Valley Wine Country on 70 secluded acres, and is an easy 2 hours drive north of Sydney. We are an independent Family operation... Family businesses shop locally. Family businesses employ locals… And these employees spend their wages locally too. That’s why supporting Family businesses, like ours, is worth so much to our local economies… The owners (Helé Family) have been in the hotel business for 4 generations. It’s their home with two generations still living onsite working in the business every day. The hotel offers the complete Wine Country Experience. Nowhere in Australia is there a family owned lodge being operated and marketed as one facility offering fabulous food and freshest brews from the 4 Pines at the Farm taproom & bistro; Hunter Farm and Adventure Centre, excellent 4 star guestrooms and cottages (Currently rated by Tripadvisor as the best 4 star hotel in Hunter Valley), their own great wines from the Wine Tasting Cellars, also where guests can learn how the beers and wine are made. And all nestled within its own 55 year old vineyards.
- New - 4 Pines at the Farm taproom and bistro.
- "Hunter Farm" - see farm animals
- Adventure Centre - including Electric Bikes, Segway Kangaroo Spotting and Nature Tours and horseriding adventures
- The Hunter Valley Candymaking classes and Cooking School Hunter Wine Theatre and Wine School
Day 1: From Sydney central Railway Station to Hunter Valley Resort
- 09:29: Depart Sydney Central Railway station (3 hours) - Cafe & toilets on board train (included)
- 10:00: Hawkesbury River scenery
- 10:45: Central Coast region scenery
- 11:45: Hunter Valley scenery
- 12:40: Arrive Singleton Railway station (Hunter Valley)
- Meet & Greet with transfers from station to Hunter Valley Resort (included)
- 13:00: Arrive at Hunter Valley Resort
- 15:00: Hunter Wine Theatre experience (included)
- 16:00: Time for rest – relax, explore and enjoy the facilities in the Hunter Valley Resort, you can visit the Taproom, "The Farm", souvenir shop,
bike riding, visit local wineries and cheese factory, segway, horse riding, or take a carriage ride, play tennis, swimming….
- 18:00: Dinner onsite at Barrel Bistro (own cost)
- 20:00: Accommodation at Hunter Valley Resort
Day 2 : From Hunter Valley Resort to Sydney central Railway Station
- 10:00 Breakfast (vouchers included)
- 10:30 Free time to do onsite optional activities options by your own cost eg: The Farm, Segway, horse riding, riding bikes or Hot Air Balloon Flight Experience in Hunter Valley
- 12:00 Back to the reception, and wait for the transfer to Singleton Railway Station (included)
- 13:24 Train departs Singleton Railway Station to Sydney (included)
- 16:38 Arrive Sydney Central Railway Station
Recommend optional: Hot Air Balloon Flight Experience in Hunter Valley
Half-day itinerary: About 03:45~04:30 Hunter Valley Resort Pick up included
Multi-award winning Balloon Aloft has been offering Hunter Valley balloon flights for over forty years. Located just two hours north of Sydney and forty-five minutes from Newcastle, the Hunter Valley – Australia’s premier vineyard region – offers the perfect backdrop for the flight of a lifetime.
Our Hunter Valley balloon flights begin at sunrise and take in views of the picturesque wine regions of Pokolbin, Lovedale, Rothbury or Broke. Balloon flights last approximately one hour and are followed by a delicious gourmet breakfast and champagne celebration at the famous Peterson House winery and Restaurant.
We can cater our daily sunrise balloon flights for individuals, corporate groups or intimate VIP flights. For special occasions, our open dated Hunter Valley Ballooning Gift Vouchers make the ideal gift. Our dedicated team of professionals will help deliver the perfect hot air ballooning experience! Hot air ballooning is an adventure activity and whilst there are no fixed timelines, your entire experience, including breakfast after the flight, should take approximately 3.5 – 4.5 hours.
We are a 36 room country inn or lodge, with 100 acres of wide open spaces, our own vineyards & our Hunter Farm – independantly ranked by Tripadvisor as the ‘best 4 star’ in Pokolbin + Winner of Travellers’ Choice Award 5 years running…
There are 4 styles of accommodation:
- Hunter Rooms: Our Hunter rooms all have timber cathedral ceilings, full size bathtub, and the covered balcony outlooks over our tennis court and the surrounding Wine Country. They all have a queen size bed, and 2 single trundle beds, perfect for families.
- King Rooms: Our King rooms all feature timber cathedral ceilings, full size bath, and the covered balcony overlooks the surrounding Hunter Valley Wine Country with views to the Brokenback Ranges. These rooms have a choice of a king bed, or on request prior to arrival can be split into two single beds.
- Spa Cottage Rooms: Located in their own cottages, these rooms have a king size bed, spa bath, separate shower, with more space and privacy for that special time away.
- Two Bedroom Cottage: The cottage offers more space and privacy for two couples, or a family group. Sleeping a maximum of 6 people.
Bedroom 1 has a queen bed with ensuite bathroom with shower/bath. Bedroom 2 has a king bed (On request prior to arrival this can be split into 2 x singles) and also has an ensuite bathroom with shower/bath. The living room has a double sofa bed.
Hunter Valley Activity Options:
Hunter Farm Wines Cellar Door: The range of premium wines are from small Hunter Valley winemakers – including Hunter Farm Wines, Lisa McGuigan, Pokolbin Estate, Tintilla and Margan wines. All nestled in our 55 year old vineyards.
- Electric Bike Hire Hunter Valley: Come and see the Hunter Valley by motor assisted bike and you will be amazed how easy they are to ride and make your experience so enjoyable. Peddle if you like, or don’t peddle up those hill if you don’t feel like it. A great fitness experience especially for corporate events/ families or large groups. Visit the many wineries in motorised style and enjoy the wind in your hair.
- Pizza making classes: This wonderful team building activity starts with the very best ingredients. The best flour, garden fresh tomatoes, and the best quality local produce. Sauces are made from scratch, in the traditional Italian way.
- ‘HANDS ON’ Cooking Classes: Join our team and experience the entertaining Hunter Valley Cooking School in their purpose built Cooking School Kitchen with Library. This is a hands on class and all dishes are cooked from scratch using local organic produce. Recipes are provided and the dishes cooked are eaten for either lunch or dinner. This lunch or dinner experience usually consists of a three course lunch.
- Hunter Valley Candymaking Class: If you love eating Candy, you’ll love making Big Kids Candy at our 60 minute workshop (shorter versions from only 20 mins also available).