Summertime 2 Days 1 Night, Sail the Whitsunday Islands
|Departs from Coral Sea Marina, Airlie Beach|
|Wednesday 8:30am||Returns Thursday 4pm|
|Online check in is required the day before to your trip via email link.|
Sail around the Whitsunday Islands aboard a 70 year old ketch for a full 2 days/1 night adventure. Sleep in comfortable air-conditioned cabins and wake to a beautiful island sunrise on our classic vessel Summertime.
Sea Kayaking, Sailing and snorkelling will provide an action packed adventure. Summertime is a classic timber ketch handcrafted in 1945 by master shipwrights, has a rich history and has been lovingly restored and immaculately maintained in the ultimate sailing comfort. While retaining all of her old world charm, the boat also boasts an on board freshwater hot Jacuzzi, full air conditioning throughout, comfortable berths and nine of the latest inflatable two person kayaks. The Whitsundays only eco friendly ‘guided’ kayak tour is available on Summertime. Meals prepared fresh on board by our crew, the spacious decks with plenty of shade and the on board hot tub will make relaxing easy.
Renowned for its amazing aqua blue water, snorkelling and countless tropical beaches, you will discover a world of pure wonder as you stay and play around the Whitsundays. Laze on the famous Whitehaven Beach, snorkel fringing reef in the World Heritage Marine Park and find your own piece of paradise.
With sufficient kayaks for all on-board, our friendly guide will take you on an eco-friendly exploration of beautiful hidden inlets and fringing reefs to be at one with nature, a truly ‘unforgettable’ experience.
This voyage is a 2 day 1 night Whitsunday cruise taking a maximum of 19 guests.
Each tour is a customised experience through the Whitsunday islands, navigating according to wind, weather and visibility. Below is a taste of a 2 day/1 night sailing adventure aboard Summertime.
Depart Coral Sea Marina and set sail towards Whitsunday Island, enjoying lunch along the way. At Tongue Bay our guide will take you for a bush walk to Hill Inlet Lookout for some photos and then onto the world famous Whitehaven Beach to relax and chill. Once back on board enjoy sunset snacks and beverages on your way to our nights anchorage. Enjoy a BBQ dinner on deck and a photo slideshow of the day’s photos.
Wake up to the beauty of the islands, enjoy breakfast on deck, then a guided kayak tour exploring hidden inlets and fringing reef, a trip highlight. After a gentle 2 hour gentle, gear up for a snorkel to enjoy the underwater sea life. Then its back on board for a BBQ lunch and then set sail back to Airlie Beach.
This is a sample menu and may vary depending on season and availability. Gluten free, lactose free or vegan diets incur a surcharge of $10 payable at check in.
- Morning tea
Tea & coffee with freshly baked biscuits
An assortment of fresh wraps, meats, salads, fruit platter and condiments prepared by our friendly crew.
- Afternoon tea
Tea & coffee served with Lamingtons
- Sunset snacks
A selection of oven baked snacks and dipping sauces
Tender marinated chicken thigh fillets on the BBQ. Served with a fresh greek garden salad, green beans, mashed potato and garlic bread.
Chocolate Bavarian cheesecake
A fresh tropical fruit salad served with yoghurt. Warm raisin and wholemeal toast. Served with a variety of condiments, cereals and milk. Tea and coffee.
- Morning tea
Tea & coffee served with an assortment of biscuits
BBQ Hamburgers and sausages with fresh coleslaw and fruit platter.
- Fully air-conditioned
- Only 19 passengers
- Private double cabin
- Single, double or triple share rooms
- Comfortable saloon area
- Spacious deck area & shade awnings
- Separate male & female amenities
- 2 full days/1 night sailing
- Fresh water jacuzzi on board
- Meals freshly prepared on board
- Linen and bath towel
- Wetsuits, snorkelling gear
- Kayaks for all guests
- Marine Park fees
- BYO Alcohol- no glass or red wine, soft drinks and bottled water available for purchase
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel transfers
- Extras : Photo packages on request
- Soft drinks and bottled water= $2 (you are welcome to bring a bottle of water with you and refill at the tap on board)
By 7:30 am latest under the umbrellas, at the roundabout Coral Sea Marina Resort (Meeting Point B), Airlie Beach. Check in the day prior to trip, pre-departure brief with reservation agent.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD).
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour.
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices advertised include GST.
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice.
- In line with government regulations due to Covid-19, guests might be served gourmet lunch packs and individual servings of morning and afternoon tea instead of buffet.
- All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration on-board. A history of asthma, heart conditions and/or other medical conditions or medications may prohibit diving. If medical is failed on board no refund will be given.
- Dependant on weather, locations may vary. (Langford, Black Island or Stonehaven)
- Children’s age limit varies from 5-12 yrs, some vessels do not take children at all or are not suitable, please contact our office with age of children and our reservations staff will be able to assist you in choosing the best sailing experience for you and your family.
- Does not include transfers.
- All prices are per Person and for the current month. Seasonal rates may vary depending on date of travel.
- The Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority and Queensland Parks and Wildlife charge fees for entry into the Marine and National Parks. These fees are included in our ticket prices.
- Travel insurance is recommended, clients should note adventure travel involves risks & whilst we make every effort to safeguard guests, we cannot be responsible for any damage, personal injury or loss due to the actions of passengers that are beyond our control.
- Prices are based on multi-share accommodation unless specified with full crew and meals and do not include air fares.
- All departures and itineraries are subject to weather and may be changed at our discretion.
- We reserve the right to substitute vessels without notice at any time for any reason.
- Stinger season is from October to May and passengers are recommended to wear full length protective stinger suit (provided on vessel) while swimming and snorkelling.
- Passengers enter the water at their own risk & owners/operators of the vessel will not be liable for any personal injury, illness, death, jellyfish stings or any other consequences whatsoever.
What to bring?
- Hat, towel, sunglasses, sunscreen (reef friendly).
- A jumper for the sail home.
- BYO alcohol NO glass bottles or red wine.
- Cash for on-board purchases.