Reefsleep/Reefsuites on Great Barrier Reef Whitsundays
Reefsleep is a two-day/one-night encounter with the Great Barrier Reef – an intimate, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sleep under the stars. Exclusive Reefworld at Hardy Reef is your destination – a permanently moored pontoon, located 39 nautical miles from shore on the outer Great Barrier Reef. Swim, snorkel, dive and explore this amazing natural ecosystem.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS - Reefsleep
Your journey begins with a cruise to the outer reef through the gorgeous Whitsunday Islands – keep an eye out for migrating Humpback Whales between July and September. Out on the reef, go swimming and snorkelling, ride in a semi-submarine and visit the underwater observatory – followed by a generous buffet lunch. Optional upgrades include guided snorkel safaris and scuba-diving.
After the day-trippers head back to shore, the pontoon and the reef are exclusively yours. Enjoy a sunset drink before your evening meal is served on deck, featuring fresh and delicious local produce. Afterwards, head for the pontoon’s top level and slip into your cozy Reefbed– it’s just you, the ocean and a galaxy of stars.
Dawn on the reef is peaceful and unhurried. There’s time for some more snorkelling after breakfast – the reef is all yours to enjoy – or return to the underwater observatory and watch the reef come to life. After lunch, your Cruise Whitsundays vessel returns you to the mainland. Your night on the reef may be over, but your Reefsleep memories will stay with you forever.
HIGHLIGHTS & INCLUSIONS - Reefsuites
Begin your journey with a cruise through the Whitsunday Islands to Hardy Reef onboard our high-speed vessel, arriving at the reef around 11am. After lunch, guests can snorkel, dive, swim or take a scenic helicopter flight to see famous Heart Reef (additional cost). Day visitors depart mid-afternoon and then overnight guests have Hardy Reef and Reefworld all to themselves.
Watch a stunning sunset with a drink in hand before enjoying a starlit long-table dinner on the pontoon’s upper deck. After dinner, Reefsuite guests can retreat to the privacy of their undersea accommodation. Sit back, relax and watch as the reef comes to life through the floor to ceiling windows.
Reefsuites give a whole new meaning to ‘a room with a view’ and you’ll awake to see the marine life going about another day on the world-heritage listed reef they call home. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast and an exclusive morning on the reef before heading home in the afternoon with memories that will stay with you forever.
Make the most of your day at the reef with these exciting optional activities.
DIVE AT GREAT BARRIER REEF INTRODUCTORY DIVE
|There is no better place to experience the magic of your first scuba dive than at the outer Great Barrier Reef. Our fully certified PADI/SSI instructors will step you through all the training and escort you on your first amazing adventure. The minimum age is 12 years old for this activity.Please note age and medical restrictions apply to diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed before diving, you can download a copy here. Please contact our staff should you have any questions.|
DIVE AT THE WORLD'S MOST FAMOUS REEF
|As a certified diver, we don’t need to convince you that diving at the Great Barrier Reef is going to be pretty special. Experienced divers can enjoy spectacular dives at specially selected sites with a variety of coral formations that are teeming with marine life. All dives are escorted by our experienced crew, ensuring an unforgettable experience.
Please note age and medical restrictions apply to diving activities. A medical questionnaire must be completed before diving, you can download a copy here. Please contact our staff should you have any questions.
SNORKEL SAFARI $59
|A GUIDED SNORKELLING TOURWe love snorkelling. Snorkelling is the easiest way to view coral reefs. Snorkelling and scuba diving are completely different activities though and one of the great things about snorkelling is that we can talk to you while we snorkel. Our snorkel tours are ideal for both first-time snorkellers – and experienced snorkellers who want to learn more about what they’re looking at out on the reef. We passionately want more people to experience and understand the complex, beautiful and diverse world that is a coral reef environment.|
- Scenic return cruise through the Whitsundays to the outer reef
- Snorkelling with all gear provided, including wetsuits and stinger suits
- Access to underwater observatory
- Semi-submarine guided tour
- Two morning and two afternoon teas, two lunches, dinner and breakfast
- All beverages including beer and wine (cocktails and spirits at an additional cost)
- Overnight accommodation in Reefbeds under the stars
- Reefsleep: Optional activities (own expense): guided snorkelling safaris and scuba diving
- Reefsuites: A private guided snorkelling tour included
- Reefsuites room features premium bedding, glass-walled en suite and floor-to-ceiling views of the spectacular underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- NOTE: most Airlie accommodation is within walking distance to Port of Airlie. Coach transfers are however an option.
- Book a coach transfer or please make your own way to 24 The Cove Road, Airlie Beach (Port of Airlie), QLD 4802
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
- Prices advertised include GST
- You will be required to complete Medical declaration form and Dietary requirements
- In line with government regulations due to Covid-19, guests will now be served gourmet lunch packs and individual servings of morning and afternoon tea.
- All divers must complete a medical questionnaire/declaration on-board. A history of asthma, heart conditions and/or other medical conditions or medications may prohibit diving. If medical is failed on board no refund will be given.
- WHAT TO BRING: Small overnight bag, Toiletries, Change of clothes, Swimwear, Protective clothing, hat and sunscreen,
Camera, Light jacket or sweater for cool or windy days, Cash/credit card for drinks and optional activities (guided snorkelling safari and scuba diving)