Whitehaven Beach Ocean Rafting Adventures
Witness some of the Whitsundays' best highlights with a mix of fast-paced travel and overall fun with your choice of Whitsundays ocean rafting adventures! With itineraries available that encompass different aspects of the large and beautiful Whitsunday Island - including its signature Whitehaven Beach - you'll be able to get to the island far quicker than a regular, slower cruise while feeling the rush of turbo-powered 450 horsepower engines that boost the rafts swiftly through the water.
Joining friendly and upbeat guides, you'll be taken from Airlie Beach on a journey to see the widely-acclaimed, pristine sands of this secluded part of the Whitsundays firsthand and realise that it truly lives up to the hype; see Whitehaven Beach from a number of different angles - including the iconic viewing platform atop Hill Inlet - then feel the ultra-soft silica sand as it passes between your toes. Choose from two options - one that focuses more on beach-oriented enjoyment or another that incorporates more opportunities for snorkelling the Whitsundays' gorgeous waters - or instead choose to combine them both into a single, comprehensive mega-tour that showcases the best of the Whitsundays for a reasonable price. Or combine your ocean rafting experience with an unbelievable 60 minute scenic flight and enjoy the best views of the Great Barrier Reef and the Whitsunday Islands from the land, air and sea. Simply choose from the available Whitsundays rafting cruise options below to book your high-speed adventure online today.
Whitehaven Beach Southern Lights Tour
Departs/Returns: 10.00am (check in at 9.00am) from Airlie Beach/4.30pm to Airlie Beach
Head out on a high speed ocean raft on this Whitsundays tour focused on giving you the maximum amount of time to enjoy spectacular Whitehaven Beach - one of Australia's most beautiful spots. Combining an adrenaline-pumping jet boat cruise with both fun island activities and chance for some quality snorkelling, this tour is an itinerary that provides an ideal balance between time both on and off shore. Departing from Airlie Beach at 9am, you'll be whisked to Whitehaven Beach on Whitsunday Island for a landing at both Hill Inlet and the southern end of the beach, to marvel at its amazing white silica sand. Walk to the Southern Whitehaven lookout with breathtaking views of Pentecost Island and the tropical waters of the Whitsundays, and join the guided walk to the stunning Hill Inlet lookout.
Follow it up with some wonderful snorkelling at nearby Border or Dumbell Island - both renowned for their stunning array of soft and hard corals and varieties of vivid fish - for a marine adventure you aren't soon to forget! Feel free to bring along your own lunch for the trip to save a few dollars, or enjoy a delicious buffet as an optional upgrade for an extra $16 - the choice is yours. The best of the Whitsundays on both land and water coupled with some high-speed thrills - that's what this tour is all about, so be sure to book online today.
- Walk to the Southern Whitehaven lookout with breathtaking views of Pentecost Island and the tropical waters of the Whitsundays, and join the guided walk to the stunning Hill Inlet lookout
- Snorkel for over an hour at Border Island, Dumbell Island or one of our “secret” snorkel spots; enjoy the amazing hard and soft corals of the fringing reefs
- Relax on the world famous white silica sand for at least 2 hours
Whitehaven Beach Northern Exposure Tour
Departs/Returns: 8:45am (check in 7.45am) from Airlie Beach/3:30pm to Airlie Beach
This tour aims to provide some quality snorkelling experiences while also giving guests the chance to experience the incredible Whitehaven Beach on Whitsunday Island! Departing from Airlie Beach at 8.45am, you'll be taken to a pristine inner fringing coral reef where you'll receive some personalised snorkelling instruction before being able to hit the water and witness a wonderful array of stunning soft and hard corals as well as a range of incredibly colourful fish. All snorkelling and safety equipment is provided, so even beginners will be able to make the most of their time in the water - you'll visit two separate stunning snorkel sites in total around lovely Hook Island.
Follow it up with a landing on Whitehaven Beach itself - widely considered to be one of the most beautiful beaches in the world - where you'll get to witness its famously white sand firsthand. Join your guides for a walk to the lookout at the top of Hill Inlet for an unmatched panorama of the beach and its surrounds - be sure to bring your camera as it's a scene you'll want to treasure forever! Guests are welcome to bring their own food along for the trip, or for the reasonable extra fee of $16 an optional upgrade to enjoy a delicious buffet is available. Two great snorkelling sites, wonderful Whitehaven Beach, a cruise through vibrant waters - what more could one want in a tour?
- Northern Exposure Eco-Adventure is a favourite among avid snorkellers because it is the only Whitsunday adventure which includes two DIFFERENT snorkel destinations
- Not only that, but it includes a visit to the stunning beach at Hill Inlet, North end of Whitehaven Beach, and a guided National Park walk to the lookout above the silica sand of Whitehaven. More of the Whitsundays in one day
- Explore the restricted area off Hill Inlet at Whitehaven Beach. Join our guided walk to the stunning views at Hill Inlet lookout, Whitsunday Island
- Hotel transfers
- Visit to Whitehaven Beach
- Inner fringing coral reef snorkelling
- Personalised snorkel instruction
- All snorkelling equipment and flotation devices
- Reef and island naturalist talks
- Guided national park walks
- Cake for afternoon tea
- Lunch - Buffet Style Lunch is available for $16 per person on the day
- Sunsuit/wetsuits hire is available for $8 per person on the day - free for students and pensioners
- Prescription mask hire is available for $15 per person on the day
- This tour departs from Coral Sea Marina North (next to Sorrento Restaurant & Bar), Airlie Beach, QLD, 4802
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
What To Bring
- A beach bag including a towel, hat and sand shoes
- A sweater or jacket in the winter months to protect you from the wind and keep you warm after snorkelling
- Cameras should be in a waterproof case or Tupperware
- Water, soft drinks, fruit juices and chocolates as well as underwater cameras are for sale on board but you are welcome to bring your own
- If you have chosen not to have our buffet style lunch, please ensure that you bring your own as we do not visit any resorts during the day
- A Chinese guide is available daily but is not guaranteed for all the boats
- Vessel subject to change without notice
- Confirmation in the form of a tour voucher will be received at time of booking
- Upon completion of purchase, please print the voucher and present on day of the experience
- For your information, complete Tour Operator Information including contact details is included on your tour voucher
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
- We strongly suggest reconfirming your booking with the tour operator within 24 hours of making your booking and prior to making other travel arrangements