Wineglass Bay Cruises
- Operates Daily, except Christmas Day
- Cruise Times, Check in by 9:30am, Cruise 10:00am to 2:30pm
Wineglass Bay Cruises is a 4½ hour cruise of the waterways surrounding Freycinet National Park from Coles Bay to Wineglass Bay on Tasmania's East Coast.
Cruise the spectacular coastline of Freycinet National Park from Coles Bay to Wineglass Bay. Be enthralled by the stunning granite coastline, including the dramatic pink peaks of the Hazards range.
Discover a coast dotted with sparkling white sand beaches, including Cooks and Bryans beaches, only accessible by water or a full day bushwalk. Explore the inner passage of remote Schouten Island, home to little penguins and short tailed shearwaters, before heading into the Tasman Sea towards Wineglass Bay. Look out for various hidden sea caves, blowholes and waterfalls amongst the sheer granite cliffs.
Take in the sheer beauty of Wineglass Bay from the rarely seen perspective of the water, a shimmering crescent of white sand fringes spilling into glass turquoise waters.
Uncover the rich history of the region, including aboriginal heritage and tales of early explorers and entrepreneurs.
The waters surrounding Freycinet National Park are home to diverse and remarkable wildlife. Keep a look out for sea eagles roosting on the granite cliffs, pods of dolphins surfing the bow wave and cormorants manning the crags of Schouten Passage plus Australian fur seals hauling out along the coast.
Join in the search for whales such as the humpback and southern right as they migrate between September to December and May to July.
Spot diverse birdlife including albatross, shearwaters, diving gannets, little penguins and cormorants.
Our vessel Schouten Passage II is a Tasmanian built, luxurious 150 seat catamaran ideal for exploring the east coast of Tasmania. The spacious enclosed vessel contains comfortable seating across two fully air conditioned lounge areas - The Vista Lounge and The Sky Lounge.
The Vista Lounge offers floor to ceiling windows for optimum viewing from the comfort of your seat, complemented by spacious outdoor decks so you can immerse yourself in the experience.
It offers a licensed bar and cafe serving local beverages, hot drinks and treats for purchase. The Vista Lounge has three rest rooms, with one fully accessible.
Sky Lounge (Adults Only)
The Sky Lounge is on the upper deck of Schouten Passage II. The adults only lounge with banquette style seating for up to 26 passengers provides an intimate experience, with direct access to the Captains bridge and private viewing deck.
Morning tea, lunch and beverages are included in your Sky Lounge ticket.
Enjoy a smorgasbord of plump local oysters, alongside salmon and smoked meats, breads, cheeses and salad served with the East Coast's renowned wines and artisan brews. There are two rest rooms on the upper deck.
If weather conditions mean we are unable to safely get to Wineglass Bay, we will offer a full refund if you decide not to travel with us. However, we do encourage you to join us on our alternative route which we think is as spectacular as the Wineglass Bay route, exploring the rugged coastline of the Schouten Island Group, its abundant wildlife including a large Australian fur seal haulout. In extremely bad weather we will cancel the cruise and offer a full refund or alternative travel date if available.
- 4½ hour Wineglass Bay Cruises
- Your choice of Vista Lounge Including Ploughman's lunch or Vista Lounge Bring Your Own Food
- Sky Lounge ticket includeds Morning tea, lunch and beverages
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel pickup
Cruise departs and finishes at our Wineglass Bay Cruises Booking Office, 61 Jetty Road, Coles Bay.
To get to Coles Bay from Hobart head north on the Tasman A3 Highway for 185kms (approx 2½hrs drive). From Launceston, head south on National Highway 1 onto Lake Leake B34 Highway (approx 2hrs drive).
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Infants and children are welcome with responsible adult supervision
Things You Need to Know
- We operate every day except Christmas Day.
- We have no age or height restrictions for the Vista Lounge.
- Our boat is enclosed which protects you from the elements, however we still suggest you dress warmly.
- Make sure you bring your camera to capture those awe-inspiring moments.
- We reserve the right to cancel or vary any trip and will incur no liability for any such cancellation or alteration.
- We don't cancel bookings due to low numbers. If it happens to be just you, we'll still show you an experience of a lifetime.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic we will not allow guests to join our tours if we believe they are unwell. If you are feeling unwell or display flu-like symptoms we would encourage you to contact us and cancel your booking. Full refunds are available for customers who cancel due to illness or travel restrictions during the Coronavirus pandemic.