Tassie Escape 2(Departs from Hobart/Launceston)
Option 1：Starts : Hobart 7:00 am; Finishes: Hobart 5:30 pm
Option 2：Starts: Launceston 7.30am, Finishes: Hobart 5.30pm
- Apr: Wed, Fri
- May-Sep: Wed
- Oct-Mar: Wed, Fri
- Apr: Wed, Fri, Sun
- May-Sep: Wed, Sun
- Oct-Nov: Wed, Fri, Sun
- Dec-Feb: Tue, Wed, Fri, Sun
- March: Wed, Fri, Sun
A great escape to the East Coast. This 2-day eco-certified tour takes in the highlights of Tasmania’s East Coast. Get ready to experience gleaming white-sand beaches, inviting turquoise waters and orange lichen-covered granite boulders. These two magical days take us to the premier locations of the Bay of Fires and Freycinet National Park where there are great hiking options to suit your fitness level, such as the Wineglass Bay Lookout, Mt Amos, secluded beaches, and Cape Tourville. You’ll love meeting the Tasmanian devil and other unique wildlife at a premium wildlife sanctuary. There’s also plenty of time to explore the tranquil seaside fishing village of Bicheno (our overnight stay).
- Bay of Fires, St Helens, Tasmanian devils, Bicheno
- Freycinet National Park, Wineglass Bay, Cape Tourville
- Advanced Eco-Certified Tour
Options (at own expense): Bicheno Evening Penguin tour
Day 1: HOBART OR LAUNCESTON → BICHENO
Approaching the East Coast we’ll travel through historic sheep and wheat stations in the agricultural midlands of Tasmania, steeped in convict and bushranger history. We’ll enjoy lunch at the fishing port of St Helens before reaching the stunning Bay of Fires, with its pristine white sands, crystal clear waters and burnt-orange boulders. This is an idyllic place to swim in good weather or simply kick off your shoes and wander along the white sands. Heading south along the Great Eastern Drive we’ll experience breathtaking coastal scenery. We’ll visit a terrific wildlife sanctuary to get up close to the Tasmanian devil as well as other local wildlife. Our overnight stay is within the picturesque coastal fishing village of Bicheno. Here you can explore at your leisure the sensational coastal views, sample the local fish and chips, or try your luck at spotting whales from the shore (in season). If wildlife is your passion, you may wish to view little penguins arriving to shore from the sea as part of the guided little penguin tour (own cost).
Day 2: FREYCINET NATIONAL PARK → HOBART
Here it is, the world-renowned Freycinet National Park. We beat the crowds by arriving early to explore this paradise. Walk to the Lookout for panoramic views over Wineglass Bay. Then, you can choose to relax at Wineglass Bay beach, or if you are looking for something more adventurous, choose the challenging climb of Mt Amos or take a beach walk. We will also enjoy stunning views from Cape Tourville out to the Tasman Sea and back towards the pink granite peaks of the Hazards Mountains. Freycinet has more than stunning scenery to offer, and our guide will enlighten you throughout the day as to why this particular region is so special. Departing Freycinet, the road trip continues as we pass vineyards, farmlands, and stunning coastal scenery, arriving in Hobart later that afternoon.
- Overnight accommodation
- National Park entry fees
- Wildlife Sanctuary entry including Tasmanian devils
- Hobart CBD Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs. Airport drop off available, or Launceston CBD Hostel and motel pickups and Hobart CBD drop offs. Airport drop off available.
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
Hobart CBD Hostel and motel pickups and drop offs. Airport drop off available.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- We suggest bringing Camera, Drink bottle, Comfortable trail walking shoes, Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen, Clothes to suit conditions (dress in layers), Waterproof jacket (just in case), Swimwear and towel (conditions permitting)
- Hostel Dorm style accommodation is based on same gender dormitory rooms with shared same gender bathrooms. Own toiletries and towels are required
- Hostel Twin/Double and Single rooms have shared same gender bathrooms
- Motel style accommodation is based on private Motel rooms or self-contained Cabins with private bathroom facilities
- If booking Twin or Double accommodation options, a minimum of 2 persons is required. We are unable to match up single travellers into a Twin share option