Mount Wellington Descent Cycle Tour
Regular departures at 1pm from Hobart CBD. Bookings essential – min numbers apply (4.00pm tour available select dates during Dec, Jan & Feb). Tour duration 3 hours.
From the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington to Hobart’s scenic waterfront, this is the ultimate bike riding adventure experience.
Starting from Hobart’s waterfront we head to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington for spectacular views across Southern Tasmania including an elevated look over the beautiful city of Hobart. After soaking in the views we experience Tasmania’s ultimate downhill bicycle ride – 1272 metres to sea level. Along the way, this 21 km guided journey captures contrasting landscapes from sub-alpine and mountain rainforests to the vibrant waterfront of Hobart. For the more adventurous an optional off-road section is available. This tour is suitable for anyone who can confidently ride a bike and meets safety requirements of 12 years of age, a minimum height of 150cm, and maximum weight of 120kg.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit
- Mountain bike adventure
- The Springs
- Off road section (optional)
- Cascade Gardens
- Battery Point and Salamanca
- Transfer to kunanyi/Mt Wellington summit
- Mountain bike, helmet and safety vest
- Cycle guide and support vehicle
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance
Tour departs and finishes at 4 Elizabeth Street Hobart, opposite the Tasmanian Tourism and Information Centre.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices advertised include GST
- Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Due to the nature of this tour, departure dates & times are subject to change
- This tour does not operate May, June, July, August & September
Make sure you bring: Camera and drink bottle, Comfortable closed toe shoes, Hat, sunglasses and sunscreen, Clothes to suit conditions (dress in layers), Gloves (for warmth) are essential, Waterproof jacket (just in case)