Moreton Island Get Wrecked 1 Day
Our award nominated Tour Guides are tour professionals, with an intimate knowledge of Moreton Island’s unique attractions. We have become famous in Queensland for our love for fun, and that’s why Sunset Safaris is the “People’s Choice” tour company. Our mission is to make your visit to Moreton Island more than just a beautiful place to go, but an “Experience to Remember.”
Our 1-Day Tour of Moreton Island takes in the very best activities and scenery the western side of this beautiful Island has to offer during the day. Jam packed full of fun, you can experience Sand Tobogganing, Snorkeling and swimming, 4WDing along the beach and sand tracks, Transparent Kayaking over shipwrecks and much more. This is the ULTIMATE ECO Adventure Day Tour in Queensland.
Marine Park Access
National Park Access
Enjoy one of the most unique experiences in the world as we guide you over the Tangalooma Shipwrecks in our fully transparent Kayaks.
These amazing Kayaks allow us to see straight through the bottom of the boat to see fish, turtles, coral and even dolphins as we guide you safely through a maze of sunken shipwrecks.
Experience the awesome spectacle of thousands of fish swarming around your transparent Kayak as we “Feed the Fish” during our kayak adventure. See the incredible coral garden and even find “Nemo.”
Experience the thrill of Sand Tobogganing up to 70 km/h as we visit the Desert. This fully supervised activity is guaranteed to give you the thrill ride of a lifetime as you slide down a huge naturally formed sand dune.
See Nemo up close as we take you on a fully guided snorkel of the Tangalooma Shipwrecks. See coral, fish, turtles and much more as we weave our way through the shipwrecks on our snorkelling discovery.
OUR 4WD BUSES
Experience our awesome 4WD buses as they take you in air-conditioned comfort across rough 4WD only beaches and sand tracks to “The Desert.” Our carefully chosen vehicles offer the best in comfort and scenic viewing pleasure while tackling the wilds of Moreton Island.
Swimming and Beach Activities
Relax in the sun and enjoy the breathtaking scenery of Tangalooma Beach. Go for a swim in the crystal clear water, or enjoy a spot of beach volleyball. Kick back on a sun lounge with a drink in your hand and live the good life.
- Pick-up and return service for Gold Coast and Brisbane
- Enjoy a beautiful cruise across the magnificent Moreton Bay on the MiCat Ferry. Enjoy air-conditioned comfort with cafe and bar facilities
- Relax on the beach at the Tangalooma Wrecks and have fun in the sun
- *Enjoy a fully guided snorkeling tour of the Tangalooma Ship Wrecks -all snorkeling gear supplied by Sunset Safaris (wind, weather & tidal conditions apply)
- Safety vests available for non-swimmers to guarantee safety
- See turtles, dolphins, coral and thousands of beautiful reef fish
- Enjoy a wonderful fresh picnic lunch on the beach
- *Discover the hidden underwater wonders of the Tangalooma Wrecks with our fully guided Transparent Kayaks (weather & wind conditions apply)
- Experience the awesome fish FRENZY in the Transparent Kayaks
- *Feel the exhilaration of sand tobogganing at speeds of up to 70km/h
- Experience a 4WD adventure in our 4WD “Tough Bus” as we travel the rugged 4WD tracks of Moreton Island to “The Desert”
- Comfortable air-conditioned 4WD vehicles - go in style
- Swim the crystal clear beaches of Tangalooma Beach
- Great fun-loving tour guides
- 1-Day Tour suitable for all age groups
- Suitable for people of all fitness levels
- In cases of dangerous or poor weather conditions and rain, a scenic tour of the island may be conducted in place of affected activities
* Subject to Tidal and Weather Conditions
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Pick-up also available at MiCat Ferry:14 Howard Smith Drive, Port of Brisbane (must book)
- A fuel levy may be applied if fuel rise above $1.80 per litre
- Note: Small overnight bag restrictions apply(40cm wide x 30cm deep x 60cm high)
- AFTER TOUR TRANSFER: Pickup and Drop off in different regions attract addition fees (POA)
- POB(Pay On Board)National Park & Ferry(POB) to be paid in cash to driver upon departure. per Person: Adult=$50 Child 13 years & under=$35
- FERRY Timetable Refer HERE
Standard Ferry Time for your Reference : Port of Brisbane→Moreton Island 8:30am→10:00am / Moreton Island→Port of Brisbane 15:30am→17:00pm
- Brisbane Departure Point: Departing 7:00am, Brisbane Coach Terminal Parkland Cres, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
- Gold Coast Departure Point: Departing 5:45am, Mantra On View Hotel (in front of main enterance), 22 View St Surfers Paradise QLD
- Port Of Brisbane Departure point: Departing : 7:45 AM, 14 Howard Smith Drive Port of Brisbane, QLD 4178
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Suitable for people of all ages except children under 3 years old are not recommended to participate.
- Definition of children age: 4- 14 years old.
- Those who use the discounted price for students/backpackers must bring a valid student ID/YHA card/ISIC card for spot checks by on-site staff.
- Due to weather and force majeure factors, the company has the right to adjust the content of the itinerary (in case of dangerous or bad weather conditions or rain, all affected activities will be replaced by scenic tours on the island).
- The round-trip ferry uses the Queensland government bus MICAT Ferry, so the government reserves the right to change the ferry schedule due to various factors, which will affect the travel time and the time on the island.
- You can bring daily carry-on luggage (small handbag or backpack).
- Items available for rental: winter clothes.
- The activity area on the island is a non-commercial uninhabited beach, desert area, and remote area. Therefore, there is no shower facility. Please forgive me. You can only wash your body with sea water.
- Tour company makes every effort to include ALL activities and destinations listed. However due to the extreme nature of Moreton Island, Moreton Bay, and weather unpredictability in general, some activities are subject to Tide, Time, Wind and Weather factors, and Sunset Safaris cannot be held liable due to these factors.
- Due to traffic & the extreme conditions experienced on Moreton Island to buses & the environment, tour company reserves the right to alter or cancel any section of the itinerary which may result from road, traffic weather, mechanical, or any other condition or failure or delay of an operational nature without penalty, & such conditions will be considered as a Force Majeure Event.
- All Minors (people under the age of 18) who book day tours without a parent or guardian attending the tour must call or email FIT Travel to disclose their age before booking the tour. A waiver form will be provided for parents or guardians to sign before tour departure. If a minor arrives on tour without parent or guardian permission and without a signed form, the minor will not be able to participate in activities of risk, and will not be eligible for a refund. For Multi-Day Tours, minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian to be eligible to attend the tour.