Sea World Cruises Whale Watching
- Tours depart daily from early June to early November
- Kaiala departures: 8:00 am, 11:00 am and 2:00 pm daily(Boat capacity 80 pax)
- Spirit of Migaloo II departures: 9:00 am, 12:00 pm and 3:00 pm daily (Boat capacity 190 pax)
Departing from Sea World on the Gold Coast, this is one of Australia’s premier whale watching experiences. Join marine experts for a close encounter with majestic Humpback Whales aboard one of Australia’s newest and luxurious whale watching vessels. Within minutes of the Gold Coast, cruise to the ‘Humpback Highway’ and spy on the world’s largest animals from 6 spacious viewing platforms from sea level to the sundeck with a spectacular backdrop of the Surfers Paradise skyline. During the 2.5 hour cruise learn more about these fascinating marine creatures and listen to unique whale songs live with an underwater microphone on board.
The Gold Coast whale watching season runs from early June to November and whale watching cruises will depart daily from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal at 9am, 12pm and 3pm. Enjoy an early morning cruise before a day of activities on the Gold Coast or relax and sleep in with late afternoon departures available. If your whale watching cruise fails to sight a whale then an alternative date will be offered.
Don't miss out on the 2020 whale watching season - book your whale watching cruise online here!
- Watch the Humpback Whales at play against the spectacular backdrop of Surfers Paradise
- Knowledgeable crew
- Purpose-built new boat for Gold Coast sea conditions
- Onboard 3D virtual tour displayed on big screens
- Uninterrupted grandstand views from 3 spacious viewing platforms
- 100% Whale Sightings Guarantee
In the unlikely event that your tour fails to sight a whale you will be provided with a FREE return whale watching cruise valid for 12-months.
- 2.5 hour whale watching tour
- Informative commentary by marine mammal experts
- 3 Levels of viewing platforms
- Fully licensed onboard bar
- 100% Whale Sighting Guarantee
- Advanced EcoTourism Certified
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Hotel pickup
- Any transportation, meals, etc.
Sea World Cruises has 2 locations, Check-in time is at least 20 minutes prior to tour departure time:
- Departs from Surfers Paradise Terminal at extra cost – 58 Cavill Avenue, Surfers Paradise, 4217
- Main Beach Terminal – Sea World Cruises whale watching tours depart from the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal in the car park outside Sea World at 130 Seaworld Drive, Main Beach, 4217, Queensland, Australia. Entry to Sea World Marine Park is not required.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified.
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
- Guaranteed sightings or we might provide you alternative date
- Cruises will be cancelled upon the discretion of the cruise operator taking into account the weather conditions of the day
- Infants and children are welcome with responsible adult supervision
- Please advise at time of booking in the 'Add Booking Notes' section of the Shopping Cart if you are travelling with an infant
- All cruises are weather, minimum passenger number, and Queensland Health advisory dependent
- The operator reserves the right to substitute the vessel or change the itinerary without notice
- All return times are approximate
- Due to Covid-19 and government regulations, some tours may operate with reduced capacity. Should your booking be impacted by this, the operator will move your booking to an alternative tour or time
- Sea World Cruises Whale Watching will not provide a refund of any kind to passengers if a tour fails to sight a whale, in the unlikely event your tour fails to see a whale you will receive a free return cruise voucher
- Prices are seasonal and are constantly changing. The from price displayed may not always be the price you are going to pay, as once you click on your specified date, the price will change to reflect the price for that date/season. Please note that in some cases where you cannot click on a date to obtain the price, please call us so we can assist you
- Availability was accurate at the time of booking however, is subject to change due to circumstances out of our control
What To Bring
- Warm clothes
- Flat shoes
- Sea sickness remedy if required
Q & A:
- Will I see a whale?
We deliver on our promise to see a whale. If your tour fails to see a whale, we will provide you with a free return cruise.
- It's raining, do we still cruise?
The Gold Coast boasts 300 days of sunshine per year. All of the vessels in our fleet have ample indoor seating and do operate in the rain.
- What happens if my tour is cancelled due to bad weather?
On the rare occasion our tours are cancelled due to bad weather, we will contact you to advise. You can move your booking to another day OR a receive a full refund.
- Is food & drinks provided on the whale watching cruise?
Food is available for purchase on-board or at our Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal Cafe.
- Can children go?
Children are more than welcome, but will require parent supervision at all times.
- Can I take my pram onto the boat?
Prams can go on-board all cruises with the exception of whale watching. Prams can be stored at the Sea World Cruises Main Beach Terminal.
- Are there toilets on-board?
Both of our vessels have 4 toilets on-board, one of which is wheelchair accessible.
- Are the vessels wheelchair accessible?
Passengers who require the use of a wheelchair must notify FIT Travel at least 36 hours before the day of departure to ensure our crew are prepared and the wheelchair passenger is not inconvenienced. Wheelchair stations on the vessel are limited to one per tour. Due to safety reasons, we are unable to accommodate electric wheelchairs on our vessels. Electric wheelchairs are not permitted on the vessels due to safety requirements.