Lady Musgrave Island Day Tour Experience from Bundaberg
Cruise departs daily at 7am, Duration: 10 Hours (approx.), Returning to the Bundaberg Port Marina at 5pm.
Experience everything the beautiful, pristine Lady Musgrave Lagoon has to offer on the Lady Musgrave Experience day tour. Ideal for all ages to come and explore the famous Great Barrier Reef with a variety of activities offered.
The day starts at check in where guests are greeted by our friendly crew who will assign passengers into groups to ensure everyone has the opportunity to participate in the offered day activities. Approaching Reef Empress, our 35m luxury catamaran, it is hard not to notice the vessel is built for comfort and safety. As guests board, our crew will welcome and assist every guest on board for a personal experience that makes for an amazing day out to the reef.
Once all the guests have checked in, sit back and relax as the captain’s announcement introduces guests to Reef Empress, a brief weather report, traveling speeds and time of arrival to the lagoon. For the comfort and safety of our passengers, Reef Empress travels at 24 knots with travel time of just over two hours to the Lady Musgrave lagoon.
During the transit our friendly crew will introduce themselves, answer any questions and provide assistance to ensure the comfort and enjoyment of all on board Reef Empress. Enjoy a selection of fresh baked goods and fruit for morning tea along with a complimentary tea or coffee as you watch in house entertainment on our plasma screens, scan the horizon for jumping manta rays, dolphins riding the bowe or birds gliding along Reef Empress.
Before arriving into the lagoon listen to an engaging, educational reef presentation given by one of our crew members who will enthuse and excite you about the day to come. Once in the lagoon each group will move to the designated area for snorkel or island briefings.
Each passenger will have the opportunity to visit the island for a forty five minute guided tour, where one of our knowledgeable island guides will captivate guests through an informative tour on the island. Learn about the formation and history of Lady Musgrave that attribute to the island status as World Heritage due to the culture, scientific and educational significance. Along the guided tour meet some of the breeding birds that travel long distances that will delight even the noviest bird watcher.
See the famous Great Barrier Reef bubbles under the glass bottom boat panels as Great Blue, our thirty-six seat, fully shaded glass bottom boat transports guests to the island. The glass bottom boat tour will reveal parts of the lagoon outside the snorkeling area and offer guests a full reef experience without getting wet. Look down as our Glass Bottom Boat Skipper excites and educates guests on everything from coral, fish, echinoderms, rays, turtles and sharks found in the lagoon.
- 10 Hours Lady Musgrave Island Day Tour from Bundaberg
- Enjoy morning tea as we make our way to the pristine Lady Musgrave Reef lagoon for snorkelling
- Gourmet buffet lunch using freshest local produce Bundaberg has to offer * or lunch pack
- Premium quality Mares snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins)
- Experience the Southern Great Barrier Reef on-board the luxury catamaran
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Guided Island walks
- Fish feeding
- Warm showers located on the duck board to use after your snorkel
- Afternoon Tea served on the trip back to Bundaberg
- EMC/QPWS Fee
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Self-driving to Bundaberg Port Marina,15-17 Marina Dr, Port Bundaberg QLD 4670
- Free parking is available in designated car-park. Please park in free car parking, which is located behind a large sign – “The Home of Lady Musgrave Experience” in a gravel car park. Please do not park in the Marina car park, as this is a shared car-park with other businesses. There is street signage to direct you to our car-parking area.
- The trip from Bundaberg to Lady Musgrave Island is approximately 2 hours 15 from the time we depart Bundaberg and reach the Island.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Minimum numbers apply for tours to proceed, we will let you know at the time of booking if this might affect your tour
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
Wet suits are available on board for hire for an additional $10
Some public holidays attract public holiday surcharge
- In line with government regulations due to Covid-19, guests might be served gourmet lunch packs and individual servings of morning and afternoon tea
What To Bring
- A towel, sunscreen, sun glasses, hat, thongs or footwear for island walks and a camera to capture your experience. Money to buy drinks, snacks or souvenirs from the kiosk bar. Certification card if you are a certified diver and money to pay for an introductory dive if you want to do your first dive! We do sell thongs for those who require footwear for island walks.