Fraser Explorer Day Tour from Rainbow Beach
- The tour operates from Tuesday - Sunday and travels from Rainbow Beach to Inskip Point for the barge crossing to Fraser Island at approximately 8.00am
- The tour departs Fraser Island at approximately 4:30pm on the barge back to Inskip Point and returns to Rainbow Beach between 5:00 - 5:30pm
- Rainbow Beach is a perfect spot for a beach holiday and ideally situated next to the world’s largest sand island, so why not make the most of this exceptional location with a day trip to the world-famous Fraser Island?
- The adventure begins with a pick-up from your Rainbow Beach accommodation. A short drive has you arriving at Inskip Point for a 10-15 minute cruise across to Hook Point (southern tip of Fraser Island) and then it’s straight up Fraser’s golden beach highway to some of the island’s most iconic spots
Do Fraser in one fun-filled day with an experienced local guide and see the best the island has to offer.
With local knowledge and an unparalleled passion for Fraser Island, your guide is a real sand island expert! They will provide you with fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora while you visit and explore some of the most beautiful sites Fraser Island has to offer and all in air-conditioned comfort.
- Central Station - now a tourist stop in the middle of Fraser Island, this historical site used to be a bustling logging station that housed schools and shops.
- Wanggoolba Creek - stroll along the boardwalk to discover ancient King ferns and look up in amazement at the lush subtropical rainforest canopy.
- Lake McKenzie – relax on Fraser Island sandy white beaches or take a dip in its crystal clear blue waters, picture perfect is the best way to describe islands most photographed lake. 75 Mile Beach - drive down Fraser Island’s own highway and keep an eye out for dingoes as well as
Air Fraser, taking off and landing right on the beach. You can take this scenic flight as an optional extra and see the island from a birds-eye view.
- Eli Creek - wade or float down this fast moving stream, straight to the Coral Sea or just sit-back and unwind on the sandy banks.
- Maheno Shipwreck – stretch your legs and imagine the grandeur of a bygone passenger liner, washed ashore in 1935 that has been reduced to a magnificent rusting wreck.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands – stop to take a picture of these heavenly dunes and hear the Dreamtime story of how these hued sand cliffs where formed.
Your tour departs Fraser Island at approximately 4.00pm on the barge, arriving back in Rainbow Beach between 4.30pm and 5.00pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
- Full-day guided 4WD tour with expert commentary
- Courtesy pick up from your Rainbow Beach accommodation and barge transfers to Fraser Island. Please enter pick up destination when booking online.
- Return ferry transfers
- Lunch at Eurong Beach Resort
- National Park fees and fuel levies
- Foreign Language Guide app is available
- PLUS - Take your adventure to new heights, with an optional scenic flight with Air Fraser, and witness the world’s largest sand island from above. It’s the perfect add-on to your tour! (extra cost applies).
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Self-Driving: Rainbow Beach is approximately 3 hours drive north of Brisbane.
- Courtesy Pick-up / Drop-off times: Pick ups are scheduled from 7.30 - 8.00am. Drop offs occur from 4.30 - 5.00pm. Courtesy transfers are only available for commercial accommodation and transit centres.
- Meeting point: The Discovery Group - 186 Gympie Terrace, Noosaville, QLD 4565
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
TOURING TIP – If English is your second language, a Foreign Language Guide App available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean and Chinese that you can download. Just let our Sales and Reservations team know when you book.
WHAT TO BRING
- Pack a day bag with swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and don’t forget your camera. We do provide water, but a reusable water bottle is always handy and great for the environment.