Fraser Explorer Day Tour from Hervey Bay
- Self-drive to Hervey Bay, or fly via major capital cities to Hervey Bay airport
- Pick-ups from your accommodation start from 7am and return between 6pm and 7pm
- The adventure begins with a courtesy pick-up from your Hervey Bay accommodation (between 7.00am and 8:00am) or make your own way to our Ticket Hut in River Heads for check-in by 8.00am
- Tour travels from Hervey Bay to River Heads for the 8:30am barge crossing to the Wanggoolba Creek landing on Fraser Island
- Tour departs Fraser Island on the 5pm barge back to River Heads and returns to Hervey Bay at approximately 5:30pm to drop you off to your accommodation.
- Spot playful dolphins, turtles and dugongs during your 30 minute cruise across the Great Sandy Marine Park
Your guide is a Fraser Island expert with local knowledge and a passion for the island. On this adventurous day out, you'll drive across sand tracks to explore some of the most beautiful, natural spots and listen to fascinating facts about the island's history, fauna and flora. Our custom designed 4WD buses are airconditioned for your comfort and fitted with panoramic windows.
- Central Station - a former logging station that housed schools and shops for the bustling timber industry is now a tourist stop. Stroll along the Wanggoolba Creek boardwalk to discover the ancient King Ferns, towering Ghost Gums and Pine trees.
- Lake McKenzie - enjoy a revitalising swim in the crystal clear blue waters and relax on the sandy white beaches… it’s picture perfect!
- 75 Mile Beach – as you drive along this golden beach highway, you may spot birds of prey flying above or humpback whales as they migrate past (between July – November). You may wish to join the Air Fraser team for a scenic flight over the island - book with your guide on tour (optional extra).
- Eli Creek - float down this refreshing fast-flowing freshwater creek pouring out 80 megalitres of water daily into the ocean.
- Maheno Shipwreck - enjoy a photo stop at the rusting wreck of the Maheno washed ashore during an out-of-season cyclone in 1935 – it’s one of Fraser Island’s most recognisable sites.
- The Pinnacles Coloured Sands - learn how these radiant sand formations were created and the Butchulla Dreamtime story surrounding them. Stop to take a picture as we drive along Seventy-Five Mile Beach. At the end of the day, board the 5.00pm ferry back to River Heads where our shuttle service will take you back to your accommodation or transit centre (drop-off between 6.00pm and 7.00pm).
At the end of the day, board the 5.00pm ferry back to River Heads where our shuttle service will take you back to your accommodation or transit centre (drop-off between 6.00pm and 7.00pm).
- Full-day guided 4WD tour with expert commentary
- Courtesy pick up from your Hervey Bay accommodation and barge transfers to Fraser Island. Please enter pick up destination when booking online.
- Full-day guided 4WD tour.
- Return ferry transfers
- Lunch at Eurong Beach Resort
- National Park fees and fuel levies
- Foreign Language Guide app is available
- PLUS - Take your adventure to new heights, with an optional scenic flight with Air Fraser, and witness the world’s largest sand island from above. It’s the perfect add-on to your tour! (extra cost applies).
- Private consumption
- Travel insurance (can be purchased from FIT Travel)
- Fraser Explorer Tours - River Heads Mainland, Hervey Bay, QLD 4655
- Self-Driving: Turn into River Heads Road. On Google Maps, this will appear as 54 Ariadne St – but you’ll also see signage for Fraser Island Barges and travel straight for 8km.
- Ticket Hut is located on River Heads Road (which is signed and may come up in electronic GPS navigation systems as Ariadne Road) and follow the road all the way to end to arrive at ferry loading area. The Ticket Hut will be located on your right-hand side.
- The itinerary is quoted in Australian dollars (AUD)
- Prices listed on this site are per person, unless otherwise specified
Prices advertised include GST
Tours and pricing are subject to change without notice
TOURING TIP – If English is your second language, a Foreign Language Guide App available in Spanish, Italian, German, Korean and Chinese that you can download. Just let our Sales and Reservations team know when you book.
WHAT TO BRING
- Pack a day bag with swimmers, towel, hat, sunscreen, insect repellent, comfortable walking shoes or sandals, sunglasses, essential medication and don’t forget your camera. We do provide water, but a reusable water bottle is always handy and great for the environment.